Narcotics Anonymous

There is Hope for Recovery, from Drug Addiction. I never felt more welcomed at the NA meeting I attended recently. The sharing of others brought Hope and Enlightenment. And I felt a deep Emotional connection. NA as any other treatment program may not be completely perfect for all.

But it might just work if a person is willing to self engage, regularly attend meetings, get a sponsor, and work the 12 steps. Admitting Addiction is a personal process.

Change for me in the *Past and Present* is realizing the defects of character, which Blind me from who I truly want to be,* Happy, Content, and Loving*. I have to overcome my Fears and Problems, without them controlling my Life.

Today I know where my Strength & Hope comes from. 

For me Acceptance & Loving myself is hard, but I am stronger now=A work in progress


The Serenity Prayer 
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.


Who Is an Addict?

Most of us do not have to think twice about this question.

We know! Our whole life and thinking was centered in drugs

in one form or another—the getting and using and finding

ways and means to get more. We lived to use and used

to live.  Very simply, an addict is a man or woman whose

life is controlled by drugs. We are people in the grip of a

continuing and progressive illness whose ends are always

the same:  jails, institutions, and death.
Reprinted from the Little White Booklet, Narcotics Anonymous.
© 1986 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc., PO Box 9999, Van Nuys, CA 91409
ISBN 0-912075-65-1     10/00


For more information about NA click on the Link below

Self Acceptance NA



Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.


My Joy is to capture Serenity in a still shot 

Comments

Popular Posts